Pre-Election Fiscal Outlook
The Fiscal Integrity and Transparency Act 2001 requires the public release of a Pre-Election Fiscal Outlook Report PDF (455.1 KB) within 10 days of the issue of a writ for a Northern Territory general election. In accordance with this requirement, the latest Report was released on 18 August 2016.
The Report takes into account non-policy changes and policy decisions made or commitments entered into since the 2016-17 Budget and includes:
- the preliminary unaudited outcome for 2015-16;
- updated projections for the 2016-17 Budget and 2017-18 to 2019-20 Forward Estimates;
- an update on the Territory’s economy;
- a statement of risks and contingent liabilities; and
- a set of financial statements for the general government and non financial public sectors.
In addition, as advised in the Requirement to Release Pre-Election Fiscal Outlook Report DOCX (260.4 KB) published on the this website on Monday 8 August, and consistent with past practice, the Under Treasurer offered both major parties to provide an assessment of whether the net cost of their election commitments would have a material effect on the estimates included in the Pre-Election Fiscal Outlook Report.
Past Pre-Election Fiscal Outlook Reports
Last updated: 06 December 2021
Give feedback about this page.
Share this page: