To administer and provide advice on the Territory’s taxes, duties and royalties, first home owner grant and related concession schemes.
Our commitment to you
- conduct our business with honesty, fairness and integrity
- treat you in a professional and objective manner
- treat you with courtesy and consideration
- explain our requirements and, where appropriate, provide reasoning for the decisions we make
- explain your rights and the review and appeal process to you
- ensure your objections are handled by an independent officer and without bias
- respect your privacy and maintain appropriate security of all information released to us.
What we require from you
So that we can provide high quality service, it is essential that you:
- be honest and cooperative in your dealings with Territory Revenue Office
- keep and allow access to records as required by the revenue laws, grants and subsidy schemes
- provide timely responses and give full and accurate information
- pay on time the amount of tax or royalty required by the revenue laws.
What you can expect from us
- issue stamp duty assessments for 90 per cent of all documents within five business days of receipt of all relevant information
- complete 80 per cent of tax audits within 120 days, and 80 per cent of mineral or petroleum royalty audits within 180 days (subject to satisfactory cooperation and provision of all necessary information)
- determine 80 per cent of objections within 120 days unless we require more information
- ensure that 95 per cent of approved first home owner grant payments are made within 24 hours of the payment eligibility date
- determine 95 per cent of all grant applications within five business days of receipt of all business information
- respond to written enquiries within 14 days or issue an interim response advising a contact name and telephone number within that timeframe.
Our performance in meeting these standards is published in our department’s annual report.
We want to keep improving our service to you. If we do not meet your expectations, please let us know. We will investigate your complaint, endeavour to resolve it quickly and efficiently and provide reasoning for the decision we make.
For further information or to make a complaint, contact the Territory Revenue Office.
Level 14 Charles Darwin Centre
19 The Mall Darwin NT 0800
GPO Box 1974 Darwin NT 0801
P: 1300 305 353
Last updated: 12 June 2020
Share this page:URL copied!