Territory Revenue Office (TRO)

Territory Revenue Office (TRO) administers and provides advice on the Territory’s main own-source revenues and certain grant and subsidy schemes.

Go to the Northern Territory Government website to find out about:

  • What's new
    Latest TRO news.
  • About the TRO
    Find out about the TRO and what it is they do.
  • HomeBuilder Grant
    The Australian Government has announced a grant of $25,000 for eligible owner-occupiers to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home. Applications have closed.
  • Integrated Revenue Application (INTRA)
    If you are an employer, the Integrated Revenue Application (INTRA) provides an easy, flexible and more efficient way to meet your Northern Territory payroll tax obligations. As an employer you can lodge your monthly and annual payroll tax returns electronically.
  • Legislation
    Here you will find the main revenue Acts administered by the TRO. Refer to the Northern Territory legislation page to search for other legislation.
  • Links
    Other related websites and other revenue offices.
  • Payroll tax
    The TRO administers payroll tax and employers are able to register and lodge their returns electronically through the online payroll tax system, INTRA.
  • Property Activation Levy
    From 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2022, the Property Activation Levy will apply to vacant land and ground floor non-residential buildings within a designated zone within the Darwin CBD.
  • Publications
    Access TRO publications.
  • Royalties
    The Mineral Royalty Act imposes a royalty on all minerals extracted in the Northern Territory except for uranium, petroleum and extractive minerals of a specified kind.
  • Stamp duty
    Stamp Duty is a general purpose tax that is imposed on various types of documents and transactions relating to property acquisitions such as land, mining tenements, exploration licences, business property and interests in land holding corporations and unit trusts.
  • Unclaimed money
    Certain categories of unclaimed moneys either revert back to Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF), or DTF must give prior approval for their release.
  • Home owner assistance
    There are a range of government grants, and exemptions available when building or buying a home in the Northern Territory.
  • Interest and penalties
    Interest rates for the current and previous financial years.
  • Payment options
    Payment options for the TRO.
  • Contacts
    Contact details for the service areas of Department of Treasury and Finance.

Share this page:

URL copied!