Information for Councils and Shires
The Northern Territory Government is responsible for disaster management within the councils and shires of the Territory.
If a disaster has a major impact on a community, assistance may be available to local councils and shires through the Department of Housing and Community Development.
Local government bodies are required to ensure disaster preparedness is addressed in business plans, including appropriate insurance measures taken to protect assets and measures implemented to mitigate any foreseeable risks.
Assistance is therefore designed to help alleviate the financial burden of natural disasters and does not aim to replace all losses or to operate as an alternative for insurance.
- Department of Housing and Community Development Presentation to Councils on Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements
- Northern Territory Government Agencies Clarification on NDRRA Allowable Time Limits
- NDRRA Determination 2017 Attachment C - Essential Public Assets Approval Form
- NDRRA Determination 2017 Attachment E - Betterment Proposal
- NDRRA Determination 2017 Attachment H - Eligibility Enquiry Form
Additional templates and supporting information are currently being prepared. In the meantime, Territory Government agencies can request information directly by emailing email@example.com or for further information refer to the Agencies Providing Assistance page.
Last updated: 10 September 2018