Under the joint Commonwealth, state and territory governments' Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA), assistance is provided to alleviate the financial burden on states and territories. It also supports the provision of urgent financial assistance to disaster-affected communities. Under these arrangements, the state or territory governments determine the level of NDRRA assistance and what types of assistance is available to individuals and communities.
This website contains the information and links to assist individuals, primary producers, small businesses and
non-profit organisations that have been directly affected by a natural disaster. The site also provides guidance to Northern Territory Government agencies, councils and shires on NDRRA.
There are four Categories of Assistance available under NDRRA and each category has various relief measures for activation following an eligible natural disaster. Not all options are activated for every disaster as different options are activated on a case-by-case basis.
- Tropical Cyclone Marcus - March 2018
- Monsoonal Trough - January 2018
- Daly River Flooding - January 2018
- Top End Monsoonal Trough - 4 to 13 February 2017
- Central Australia Flash Flooding - December 2016 and January 2017
- Central Hail Storm - June 2016
- Central Flash Flooding - December 2015
- Daly River Monsoonal Trough - December 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Lam - February 2015
For emergency information contact:
- SecureNT First point of call for emergency information to assist in preparing, responding and recovering during emergency situations in the Northern Territory.
- Bureau of Meteorology for updates on weather events on 8920 3800.
- Disaster Assist for information on current events.
- Northern Territory Police, Fire and Emergency Service for warnings, media releases and disaster preparation information on 131 444.
- Power and Water on 1800 245 090 for fallen power lines and electricity problems.
Last updated: 24 May 2018